One of my favorite things to do in makeup is a smokey liner. It’s simple but dramatic at the same time.
So you can see how easy it is I thought I’ll show you how I do it in a pictorial.
Products I used for this smokey liner makeup:
- Concealer as an eyeshadow base
- Karity Smokey Palette: stargasm (shimmery champagne eyeshadow), naturale (matte white/beige eyeshadow), abc (matte peachy eyeshadow), tasty (matte orange eyeshadow), cougar (matte black eyeshadow)
- Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever
- Essence I Love Extreme Volume Mascara Waterproof
- Brushes: Sigma E25, Sigma E35, Sigma E40, Morphe M149, Luxie Beauty 237, Morphe M170-6
Step By Step Makeup Pictorial:
After priming my eyelids with concealer I start applying the shade “tasty” all over my mobile eyelid and a little bit in the crease (with a dense blending brush like the Sigma E25).
To blend out the previous shade I use the shade “abc” (with a fluffy blending brush like the Sigma E35). To blend this shade up to my browbone I use the shade “naturale” (with a big blending brush like the Sigma E40).
After that I use a black eye pencil to draw an eyeliner.
Then to smoke out the liner I use the shade “cougar” with a pencil brush (like the Morphe M149).
To really get the smokey effect I take a small more fluffy blending brush (like the Luxie 237) with both the shades “tasty” and “cougar” and blend out the liner even more.
Then I clean up any fall out and do my base makeup. After that I take the black eye pencil again and apply it on my waterline and also a little bit underneath on my lower lashline.
To smoke out the lower lashline I use the shade “cougar” on a pencil brush (like the Morphe M149).
Then I use the shade “abc” and “tasty” to blend out the black on the lower lashline (with a Sigma E25).
After that I use the shade “stargasm” to highlight the inner corner (with a Morphe M170-6 brush). Lastly I curl my lashes and apply mascara.
I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step makeup pictorial on how to get this orange black smokey liner makeup look!